1) One thing that stands
out about my work in this course is the way my comfort with presenting new
ideas to people grew each week. Although I was very uncomfortable with the
first interview assignment, I eventually become much more confident in both my
ideas and myself. By the time we reached the “What’s Next?” assignment,
2) My most meaningful
experience in this course was writing my Venture Concept. As I wrote about the
concept and saw how fully realized it had become, I thought back to the initial
assignments when it was very little more than a vague idea about an opportunity
that may or may not exist.
3) Throughout this
course, I have certainly moved much closer to developing an entrepreneurial
mindset. In fact, I moved much closer than I had even expected when the course
began. I could not have predicted that I would develop the kind of
resourcefulness and tenacity that this course is centered around, and I am
grateful to have had the opportunity to participate. This has been one of the
most rewarding educational experiences I’ve had at UF.
4) If I could make
one recommendation to future students, it would be to take the course seriously
and work to make the most out of each experience exercise. You’ll get out of
this course what you put into it, and there’s certainly a lot to be learned
from it. Don’t approach the assignments like ‘checking boxes’; think about what
each exercise is designed to develop, and make yourself completely open to
these learning opportunities.

Hi Zachary,
ReplyDeleteI love your image of getting started because often we are all nervous at first but can grow as we develop. You were very confident in your pitches and you did well incorporating feedback from interviews/others into your pitches. I love your ability to always be positive and hope your future ventures are successful.
Grant
Hi Zachary,
ReplyDeleteThe interview assignments stuck out to me as well. I really had to get out of my comfort zone to talk to strangers but in the end I am really glad that I did it. I put the venture concept as my most valuable assignment too, it allowed me to think of my business in all angles and I think it will be the most useful going forward. Great post!
Hi Zachary,
ReplyDeleteI like the picture you chose for this assignment. I love reading inspirational quotes. "Getting started" sounds easy but sometimes it is just the hardest thing to do! I made the same exact recommendation because I too believe that you get out what you put in, especially with this class. I too agree that one of the most meaningful experiences in this class was the venture concept.
Thanks for sharing!
Sydney