1) My exit strategy is to
sell this business in five to seven years for a significant return.
2) I have chosen this
exit strategy because it seems reasonable to imagine a business such as this
being acquired by a larger company – perhaps one that serves the motorcycle,
general automotive, or consumer electronics industries and could benefit from
the inclusion of my product into its product line.
3) This exit strategy has
certainly influenced my development of this venture and the ways in which I’ve
chosen to approach many of our experience exercises. For example, in “Growing
Your Social Capital,” I chose to interview employees of a large consumer
electronics store because my product should be designed to fit well into the
product line of a (non-motorcycle-specific) consumer electronics company that
may choose to acquire this business. In other words, this exit strategy has
guided my focus toward existing in both the motorcycle equipment industry and the consumer electronics industry.
Hi Zachary,
ReplyDeleteGreat thinking with your exit strategy! I think your reasoning behind selling your business is wise and likely to happen. You are looking at the bigger picture and realize how selling the business can be beneficial as opposed to hanging on to it. You also made good connections in your final point about how your approach to experience has expanded.
Hi Zachary,
ReplyDeleteI think you have a well defined exit strategy and it makes sense for what you have been doing. I agree that this type of business would be able to develop in five to seven years then would be a good target for a variety of buyers. I wonder who would pay the highest price for this, whether it is a pure motorcycle company or just electronics in general.
Grant
Hi Zachary,
ReplyDeleteI believe that is what I chose to. It would be interesting to think bout what magic number we would all sell our business at. I honestly am not sure what I would say. I can see your business being taken over by a larger company too whether it would be a motorcycle company or even a company that sells electronics. Do you think you would have a preference of those two?
Thanks for sharing,
Sydney