Monday, October 8, 2018

Halfway Reflection


1)      Competency – As any student taking this course seriously will discover, there are several key behaviors that are necessary to keep up with the requirements of this course and to excel in each assignment. The most important behavior I’ve adopted is to set aside a specific block of time (usually at least 3 hours) to complete the week’s assignments. Doing so allows me to tenaciously tackle the assignments with precise focus, thereby producing quality submissions. Additionally, self-discipline is critical for this class. It would be easy to skip assignments and plan to “make it up later,” but this is a trap that successful students must not fall into.

    2)      Attitude – During one week, I had three exams within a few days of each other, plus my assignments due for this class. I was certainly tempted to disregard this class’s assignments given the importance of those exams and overwhelming workload, but the tenacity I’ve gained over the past two months enabled me to complete the assignments and study well enough to get A’s on all three exams. You’d be surprised how far your limits can be pushed when you’ve developed a tenacious mindset.

    3)      Three Tips – My three tips are as follows:
1.     Set aside a specific block of time to complete each week’s assignments. Allow yourself enough time to think deeply about the criteria of each assignment.
2.     Watch the lectures. Much of the course content is highly conceptual, and Dr. Pryor describes some very unique ways of thinking that you would never arrive at on your own.
3.     Don’t skip assignments, and don’t fall into the “I’ll make it up later” trap. Do all of them until you get to 94 points (assuming you want an A), and then you’re done.



Image result for sisyphus

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zachary,
    I like the picture you included--it is very powerful and shows hard work ethic which we need in this class--especially entrepreneurs. I have never had more than two exams in the same week (I hope this never happens) and I always think it is amazing when students get through that because I know I would probably go a little crazy with how hard classes can be. It is pretty awesome how having this mindset can push us to do things we probably once didn't see as possible. I agree with your tip on always watching lectures. I like going to them in person and suggested that as my tip!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

1)        One thing that stands out about my work in this course is the way my comfort with presenting new ideas to people grew each week....