The Segment – Young
adults (ages 18-30) who ride motorcycles regularly.
The Interviews –
Interview #1: Ryan – After
verifying that Tyler does, in fact, have this unmet need, we discussed at
length the exact moments at which this need is most salient for him. He noted
that this need is most prominent when he is on a lo ng, uninterrupted stretch of
road. I also asked him to identify the times at which this need was least salient. He responded, “I suppose
when I’m riding in heavy traffic and need to avoid distractions and focus on
the road.”
Interview #2: Zach – Zach pointed
out that, unlike the other two interview subjects, he rides in groups very
frequently. As such, our discussion of his needs predominately centered around
the walkie-talkie capabilities of the product. He reported that this need would
be especially common when he needs to inform the group that she needs to stop
(i.e. gas, restroom breaks) or when he notices potential hazards, such as
debris in the road or police speed traps, and would want the ability to inform
others in his group.
Interview #3: Kyle – Kyle echoed
very similar experiences as Ryan. The two were interviewed simultaneously due
to time and expediency limitations, and Kyle strongly agreed with the sentiments
reported by Ryan (i.e. the need is most salient on long, uninterrupted rides
and least salient in heavy traffic).
The Findings – As I had found in previous exercises, this need exists most saliently during the long, uninterrupted rides described by the three interviewees here. However, while previous exercises had led me to believe that this need also exists in heavy traffic (for navigation functionality), my interviewees in this exercise felt that the product would simply be a distraction, indicating that the need may exist very weakly during these times.
The Conclusion – The findings of this exercise were highly beneficial due to their differences from the findings of previous exercises. They indicate that my opportunity belief may need to be further refined, particularly with respect to navigation functionalities during periods of riding in heavy traffic.
Hi Zachary,
ReplyDeleteI like how you talked individually about all your interviews--I just summed them all up into one big paragraph of what they said and my findings. I agree with the distraction piece mentioned in your interviews. I don't think it would be smart to listen to music through this because you wouldn't be able to hear things around you as much, but I think it would be very smart to be able to hear navigation in your ear whether it is in a place you do not know or heavy traffic.
Thanks for sharing,
Sydney
Hi Zachary,
ReplyDeleteI liked how you organized your interviews so that they were not confused. I organized my post like that as well. I think it is smart to have an outside perspective on your product. I also agree that in heavy traffic, the need wouldn’t be as salient than when you are not interrupted while riding on long stretches of road. Great post!
Regards,
Ramar
Hi Zachary,
ReplyDeleteI like how you defined your segment because young people would be more inclined to buy this than an older person riding Harley's. Say you went from an interrupted ride into an area of traffic how would you get the music to stop? Would it be a Siri function or would it be a button that is integrated onto the handlebars? I feel like you could integrate into the motorcycle to play it on speakers or headphones.
Best,
Grant