Sunday, October 28, 2018

Idea Napkin No. 2


Idea Napkin No. 2
1) You. I am a 22-year-old student at the University of Florida. As a young person with no children or people who depend on me, I have the advantages of being able to take financial risks and to dedicate extensive time and resources to this business.
2) What are you offering to customers? This product is a Bluetooth headset designed to fit underneath a motorcycle helmet and relay navigational directions, communications, and music to motorcycle riders.
3) Who are you offering it to? Our customers will be individuals who ride motorcycles regularly. These individuals are likely to be young and use the motorcycle for everyday/commuting purposes. Although the motorcycle may not necessarily be their primary or only vehicle, it is ridden often enough to justify an investment in the motorcyclist’s safety and enjoyment.
4) Why do they care? This product brings the conveniences of regular vehicles to motorcycle riders, thereby optimizing safety and enjoyment while reducing the limitations naturally present when riding a motorcycle.
5) What are your core competencies? One of my strongest core competencies is my adaptability. I am very responsive to feedback and able to see opportunities in feedback without reacting emotionally to criticism. As I’ve found during this assignment, this competency allows me to capitalize on opportunities to better address the unmet needs around which my product is designed.
Evaluation: I believe these elements fit together cohesively and work together well with one another. However, if this is not accurate I would appreciate feedback in peer reviews that describes whether or not some of these aspects are weaker than and/or out-of-joint with the others.
Feedback Memo: The two main points I have received from feedback thus far are: 1) create a product of high enough quality and comfort to elicit buyer loyalty and repeat purchases, and 2) prioritize safety to ensure that the product does not interfere with situations that require uninterrupted focus.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Zachary,

    Great job on your second idea napkin and incorporating your previous feedback. I think you have a strong grasp on your idea and how your background fits in. All of your ideas fit together well, and I think again the safety component is what concerns me the most.

    Best,
    Grant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zachary,

    I think you did a great job on your second napkin idea. It looks like you were able to take the main feedback points and alter it slightly to be a stronger idea. I do think that the 5 ideas work nicely together and don't believe they need to be altered. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zachary,
    It is interesting that you included since you have no people depending on you financially that you have more resources--I have never thought about it like that. I also think it is cool that you take criticism in a positive way--this is something I personally have to work on. I think they fit will together so no worries there!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

1)        One thing that stands out about my work in this course is the way my comfort with presenting new ideas to people grew each week....