Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Idea Napkin

1) You – My name is Zachary Hunt, and I am a junior studying business administration at the University of Florida. I have significant experience in both consumer and business-to-business sales, and I have been riding motorcycles since I was 14 years old. I am not only the entrepreneur of this venture; I am also its prototypical customer. As such, I have a deeply-grounded insight into the specific challenges cause this unmet need to exist.

2) “What are you offering?” – A Bluetooth-enabled wireless headset specifically designed to be worn within a motorcycle helmet.

3) “Who are you offering it to?” – Motorcycle riders and enthusiasts who seek to reduce the limitations of riding a motorcycle. When driving an ordinary car, a person is able to listen to music, communicate with others, and receive navigational assistance with minimal difficulty. This product brings these capabilities to motorcyclists.

4) “Why do they care?” – People who love motorcycles love motorcycles. These individuals feel a profound, intimate attachment with both their vehicles and the experience of the ride itself. As with any activity elicits such a strong emotional response, a product that can enhance these individuals’ experiences while riding motorcycles will be received with an equally powerful response.

5) “What are your core competencies?” – Although Bluetooth headphones already exist, these are almost universally unsuitable for use inside a motorcycle helmet. They are all either too large to fit underneath the helmet or too loose to withstand the physical forces of riding a motorcycle. My product distinguishes itself from the alternatives by being specifically tailored to the exact needs of motorcycle riders.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Zachary,
    I think it is interesting that you identify as both the entrepreneur of your business but also the protypical customer. I would say the same for my business--I wonder if this goes for all of us in this class since most of us decided our business idea off our own bugs.I agree with you when you say people that love motorcycles LOVE motorcycles. It's not like someone would kind of like them and buy one or equipment for it, they are usually going to be loyal buyers. This is good to know for the rest of your development with your idea.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zachary,

    I like the fact that you are not only the entrepreneur but a potential consumer of the product that you are selling. It is great that your products stands out among the order bluetooth enabled headphones. I think that if your headphones fit perfectly and comfortably for motorcyclists, they will be more inclined to buy the product. I am very interested in this idea!

    Regards,
    Ramar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zachary,
    I love your passion for the product. It is much more likely to be successful when you come up with the idea and want the idea to succeed for your own ambitions. When you started riding did you ever use headphones or try other products? Are there any laws regarding ear buds being in? I can't wait to learn more.
    Best,
    Grant

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

1)        One thing that stands out about my work in this course is the way my comfort with presenting new ideas to people grew each week....