My Human Capital:
1)
Obsessive work ethic
2)
Interpersonal skills
3)
Self-confidence
4)
Adaptability
5)
Communication skills
Interviews: Each participant was asked to describe the “knowledge, skills, abilities and emotions that set me apart from others.” The participants were instructed
to touch on each subject at least once but given the freedom to expand on each
subject as they saw fit. These interviews are produced and summarized below.
#1 Diana Pence (Mother): https://soundcloud.com/zachary-hunt-344907317/interview-1
This interview was
conducted on 10/11/18. The key characteristics she identified were: General knowledge,
ability to put concepts into practice, interpersonal skills, and communication.
#2 Aaron Hunt (Brother): https://soundcloud.com/zachary-hunt-344907317/interview-2
This interview was
conducted on 10/11/18. The key characteristics he identified were: Work ethic,
drive to succeed, and emotional stability.
#3 Millie Pence (Grandmother):
https://soundcloud.com/zachary-hunt-344907317/interview-3
This interview was
conducted on 10/11/18. The key characteristics she identified were: Communication
skills, work ethic, empathy, ethical integrity.
#4 Ralph Pence (Grandfather):
https://soundcloud.com/zachary-hunt-344907317/interview-4
This interview was
conducted on 10/11/18. The key characteristics he identified were: Academic
ability, work ethic, communication, and sincerity.
#5 Roy Hunt (Father): https://soundcloud.com/zachary-hunt-344907317/interview-5
This interview was
conducted on 10/13/18. The key characteristics he identified were: Communication,
ability to learn new skills quickly, adaptability, interpersonal skills.
Reflection: These interviews have
been very meaningful. Hearing this kind of feedback from those who know me the
most has allowed me to reflect on my human capital and evaluate the extent to
which these characteristics will set me apart from competitors in entrepreneurial
ventures. It’s interesting to note how closely their assessments of my human
capital match up with my own. This indicates a high degree of self-awareness
that will allow me to accurately capitalize on growth in my human capital
moving forward. Additionally, although I would not normally describe myself as
a particularly empathetic person, I would certainly be likely to add this to my
list in part one upon revisit.
Hey Zachary,
ReplyDeleteNice work on this post! I think you were able to get wonderful feedback from your interviews. I enjoyed how you said you have a high degree of self-awareness because you qualities matched up with what others thought of you. I think this is a great perspective to see it. I also think it is great that you reflected after your interviews and would be willing to change your list to add empathy based on what others said about you. Good work!
Hi Zachary,
ReplyDeleteGreat job coming up with 5 unique traits about yourself. I would love for you to elaborate on each one, maybe an example of your adaptability or the differences in your perceptions of interpersonal and communication skills. I like how you used your family members as they know you best. It would be fun to compare to friends to see if they are similar. Great job again.
Best,
Grant
Hi Zachary,
ReplyDeleteYour interviews seem to agree with your personal "secret sauce" unique traits. It seems that the people who know you best agree that you are confident, sincere, with a good work ethic and communication skills. Furthermore, you have the drive, empathy, and ethical integrity. These skills, as set out by both you and the people who know you best, should combine with your ability to adapt, and interpersonal skills to propel you in your business ventures. Best, Emily
Hi Zachary,
ReplyDeleteIt looks like one of the biggest said characteristics said by your interviewees and yourself was your work ethic, which I think is so important in all aspects of life, especially when starting your own business. I didn't note in my own post that the similarities show high self-awareness--that is interesting! I wonder if more people are self-aware than not in this exercise.
Thanks for sharing,
Sydney